Americans are living longer than ever before thanks to modern medical advancements. With increased life expectancies comes an increased demand for long-term care support services among older adults. The Administration for Community Living, a part of the Department of Health and Human Services, reports that almost 70 percent of people turning 65 will need long-term care services in the future.
Long-Term Cares Requires Long-Term Planning
Long-term care encompasses services and supports ranging from assistance with daily tasks to full-service nursing care. November is National Long-Term Care Awareness Month, which makes this month the perfect time to plan for your family’s future long-term care needs.
A Facility that Provides Customizable Care
We can never be certain what the future holds for ourselves or our loved ones. That’s why it’s critical to identify a facility that can provide a full range of onsite nursing, therapeutic and rehabilitative services managed by clinical experts you can trust.
When considering a long-term care facility, do your research to verify it is equipped with a team of talented professionals that cater to individual needs and deliver wellness and comfort with dignity and compassion.
A high-quality facility should provide, but is not limited to, the following:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care for patients who require around-the-clock support.
- A full range of on-site care and services, such as stroke management, pulmonary and cardiac care, optometry and podiatry services, a pharmacy consultant and many others.
- A rehabilitative care team who can create a plan for recovering patients to return to their everyday activities.
- Tailored wound care treatment plans which utilize the latest technology and are designed to meet the distinct needs of each resident.
- A wide array of amenities and activities to ensure the comfort and well-being of all residents.
The steps you take today to plan for your family’s future will ensure they receive the specialized care they need in a setting that provides wellness and comfort. Nothing provides peace of mind like the knowledge that our loved ones are receiving the first-class care they deserve.
Polaris Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center is a state-of-the-art skilled nursing facility that delivers wellness and comfort with dignity and compassion. It is located at the heart of the innovative Milford Wellness Village in Milford, DE. Call 302-503-7650 or visit www.polarishealthcarerehab.com to schedule a free tour.