SS Q & A – My Daughter Is My Representative

Often, I need assistance with day-to-day tasks. My daughter offered to help me with my Social Security claim and wants to represent me. Is that okay?

You can choose to have a representative help you when you do business with Social Security. We’ll work with your representative in the same way we would work with you. Select a qualified person, because this person will act for you in most Social Security matters.

First, you will need to fill out the Appoint a Representative form at

Share your thoughts