Marsala-Poached Figs Over Ricotta
Vanilla-infused ricotta cheese is the perfect foil for saucy poached figs. Your special Valentine will love you!
Makes: 2 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
• 1/2 cup quartered dried figs
• 1/4 cup Marsala or port
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
1. Place figs, Marsala (or port) and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the figs soften and the wine is syrupy.
2. Stir together ricotta, sugar and vanilla.
3. Divide between 2 bowls and top with the fig mixture and almonds.
Nutrition per serving: 259 calories; 7 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 5 g fiber; 86 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Share your thoughts
You must be logged in to post a comment.