Delicious chipotle chicken tostadas topped with a colorful, fresh pineapple salsa. These healthy chicken tostadas are easy to make and have an incredible sweet and savory flavor from chipotle chicken, sweet pineapple, creamy avocado and a kick of heat from jalapeño. A fun and flavorful weeknight dinner from The Defined Dish cookbook.
Delicious chipotle chicken tostadas topped with a colorful, fresh pineapple salsa. These healthy chicken tostadas are easy to make and have an incredible sweet and savory flavor from chipotle chicken, sweet pineapple, creamy avocado and a kick of heat from jalapeño. A fun and flavorful weeknight dinner!
- For the pineapple salsa
- 2 cups small diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Pinch of salt
- For the chipotle chicken
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- To assemble
- 6 (8-inch) grain free tortillas* (can use Siete tortillas)
- 2 avocados, mashed
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
You may also like: Halibut With Artichoke And Olive Caponata – Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the pineapple salsa: in a medium bowl, toss together the pineapple, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, avocado oil and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 5 days.
- Make the chicken: in a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon until it is brown, about 7 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from the pan, if necessary.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken broth and tomato paste and stir to combine. Continue to cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- To assemble: place the tortillas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Carefully spread the mashed avocado on top of each crisp tortilla. Sprinkle with the shredded cabbage and a big scoop of chipotle chicken. Top with the pineapple salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro.